Vetted by Trading Standards
Here's why you can trust the traders on our list
Here's what we check
- Complaints. We make sure that the trader does not have a record of past offences.
- Memberships. We make sure that the business really is a member of any trade association that they claim.
- Public Liability Insurance. We make sure that the business has a suitable level of public liability insurance to cover you in case of accidents.
There are some things we don't do
- We don't verify the technical competence of each business: The Trusted Trader scheme is open to a wide range of business types in home improvements, garages and other areas and such checks can only be carried out by industry experts or members of professional bodies. However, we do verify memberships and the track record of customer comments provides a helpful indication of their abilities.
- We can't guarantee that problems will never arise: but we can promise that every listed business has made a commitment to respond promptly to any complaint and that, if they are unable to resolve your complaint, then Trading Standards will act impartially to help resolve the situation.